Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello 2015!

Happy New Year (A little late)! Does anyone else feel like 2015 will be a significant year? 
I have a special anticipation heading into this new year; some unnamed expectation in my heart for something new. I'm not quiet sure what it's about, but I feel excited none the less. 
Maybe we are headed into a new season or chapter of life for our family. Only God knows, but I get the sense that there is something fantastic in store for us Souzas. I feel like something inside me is itching to spring to life, and I am sure that it has to do with my family and God's plan for us. 

Anyhow, enough New Years jitters, here's something that's a little more concrete. 
Last year I planned out my reading list and made a picture of the pile. So this year I thought "Why not start a fun New Years tradition and do the same thing?"

So here it is, my reading list for 2015. 


The stack isn't big, but it's ambitious for someone with 3 little kids! 
Some of the titles are repeat reads for me, but they are great books. You can't really see all the titles in the pictures, so here they are in order of appearance:

1. The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
2. Loving the Little Years by Rachel Janckovic
3. Glimpses of Grace by Gloria Furman
4. Harps Unhung by Eileen & Vicki Anderson

These are all books that I want to read/re-read for encouragement and perspective. #4 was written in part by my dear friend Vicki, so I'm excited to dive into her work a bit. 


5. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
6. Farm City by Novella Carpenter
7. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
8. The Rosie Project by Gareme Simsion
9. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

These are my for fun reads. #8 was given to me by a friend while I was in the hospital. It's hilarious, but I never got to finish it. #9 is one of my all time favs. It's very well written & fits into all of my favorite literary genres. 


10. On Food and Cooking by Harold McGee
11. Healing With Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford

Ok, so these are my big books and I don't really expect to finish them both this year, but I would like to start them. I am a self admitted food nerd, and if you needed any proof, well, these books are it. 


12. The Art of Zentangle by Walter Foster Publishing

This book is totally for fun! Learning the techniques for doing these meditative doodles will be a great constructive thing to do in any small moments of downtime I have in my busy life. 

This will be plenty to keep me busy this year. What about you? What do you plan to read this year? Anyone have a recommendation for a good mystery novel that's not too dark or gory? I'd love to get my hands on something good in that genre. 

1 comment:

  1. Love The Power of a Praying Wife and Loving the Little Years! :)

    ReplyDelete