Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Reading List 2014

Blah! I have had a major blog lapse these past few months. Mainly due to life+holidays+finding out that we have another baby on the way.

Yes, we are having another baby. :)

That will be 3 under 3 for us come this July. Holy craziness, but I am excited!

Anyhow, the other main reason that I haven't been spending lots of time online is because somewhere out of the neglected recesses of my heart a sudden desire has arisen to reclaim one of my favorite past times; READING. 

Reading isn't something that I have been able to do much of the past few years. Baby needs and lack of sleep have sucked away much of the auxiliary brain power that I need for things like processing the content of a book. But since everyone (including myself, thank God!) has been sleeping through the night for the past couple months, I have been able to quit killing brain cells on Pinterest for entertainment and switch focus to something more mentally stimulating and enriching. 

Back in January when I first got the itch to pick up some lit, I made a loose "resolution" of sorts to make a reading list and conquer it by the end of the year. I posted a picture of my pile via google+ at the time, and I am proud to say that I am well on my way through it.

Books

Now that I have all of the fun stuff read, I'm onto the daunting textbook section, which is sure to be great in a different sort of way. I am a lover of reading both for fun and for learning, though the later obviously takes more concentrated effort. I love reading fantasy and historical fiction, as well as books on gardening, cooking, and crafting.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a stellar read that I shouldn't miss out on? 

0 comments: