Monday, August 26, 2013

Why I Dont Blog... That Much.



Well, obviously I do blog, and I like doing it. But my posts are far & few between, and the reason is this: I'd rather spend time with my family instead of spending time blogging about them. 

It's a simple truth that I have been thinking about a lot lately. My mind wanders to my neglected blog, and then I start to think "Wow, I really need to get on there to post something!"
But every time I think about it I get caught up in some other life matter that needs attending too... kids, dinner, laundry, etc. and so, I have realized, it is better that my blog suffer some neglect rather than my family and home. 

I am committed, however, to keeping my little corner of the web alive. It fills the void of a much needed creative outlet for writing that my post-education/post-professional mind desperately wants. Even if it is just posting about the taco salad I made for dinner, I still love it. So even though you may not find daily, weekly, or even sometimes (Eeek!) monthly posts, hang in there if you by chance are reading what I'm writing. 

This is just the beginning.

*image courtesy of this website.

2 comments:

  1. I should start a blog to neglect, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I would follow it because I would love to hear how you are, since I miss you bunches and I'm not on facebook any more!

      Delete